Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bright Open Competition

Yesterday marked the last day of the week long Bight Open paragliding competition. The competition was a great success with 4 great days of racing. My performance was variable throughout the days as I placed 21st, 2nd, 18th and 4th on the various days. Though, each day, even if I did not place well, I did race in the lead out front with the top pilots of the competition for at least half of the race. I flew faster than I ever have this week, constantly pushing the bar to the max on the super fast UP EDGE.

Now the competition is over and life is back to a relaxing pace. This is a bit of a joke because the life in Australia has been at a constantly relaxing pace even during the competitions. I am currently laying in my hammock in front of the super small cabin I have been living in for the last week. I believe I will stay here in beautiful Bright for the week and then head north into the blue mountains for a week, then to the coast for a week, then back to Manilla for a week, then back to the U.S. OH life is good. My friend Nina has been here in Bright with me for the week as well which has been fabulous.

Life goes on, the days pass and the journey continues as it must. Life's adventures are everywhere and I am enjoying them all so much.

Below are some pictures that I have taken of the area from the air as well as from the ground. The hammock pic is of me in front of my lovely cabin. The spider shot is from my first night in said cabin, it is apparently a "small" huntsman spider. I had to remove him from behind my curtain on two separate occasions. The close up shot of the bulls was taken after my second flight in bright; these guys surprised me, they came from the shadows and completely surrounded me. They were HUGE hornless bulls but not aggressive at all; I tried to scare them away to no avail and eventually made good friends with them after feeding one a banana.









4 comments:

  1. Nice Pete! Looks like a tough like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pete, love your blog & pics. Did anyone tell you that those cute Huntsman spiders can jump? :o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Car competitions Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

    ReplyDelete