Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some Nice XC Action

Today the conditions were good for flying west towards the town of Narrabri. There were at least 60 people on launch today. My 3 Swiss friends and I pushed out onto the flats first and rode the lead for a few K moving slowly to let some others catch up to help along the flight. There were nice puffy clouds developed all around and down wind as we flew from one cloud to another moving west; dipping into the mist of each cloud as we went on and sometimes climbing deeper into the whiteroom was amazing. I and most of the other pilots furthest down wind had an easy time until around 45k where, though the clouds looked good, conditions deteriorated and the climbs became light. I landed after flying 42 miles (67k), and many others sunk out around this distance. My last few thousand vertical feet were killed in 1.600 feet per minute sinking air which flushed me to the ground. When I returned to town after some hitching I heard from a Polish pilot that two Polish pilots were still in the air flying at 210K out!! I wonder how far they made it?

I managed to take a few photos today on the smooth glides. The pictures speak for themselves but i will say it anyway, IT WAS AWESOME!!!

The first pic is of Sebastian and Urs (Swiss friends) as they glided just behind me pushing west, the next two are of a boomerang 5 just as we popped out the side of a cloud. Yes.





4 comments:

  1. EPIC CLOUD SHOTS!!!!! sendit bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell Yea Pete! Glad I stumbled onto your blog! Really good looking stuff, looks like you're having a blast so far!

    I'll be keeping an eye out for that stache!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TK you and Brian are my inspiration for the epic stache. still got yours? Brian just shaved his off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo Peter!
    Joel and Neil here checking out your blog from Patagonia, looks great down there! Keep us updated on the mustache!! The weather here is looking bad for a while...almost time to go back to northern argentina and find some real sun.

    ReplyDelete