Saturday, February 7, 2009



Today I arrived in Australia. Getting here only took a 30 minute drive to the airport, a 2 hour flight, a 3 hour layover, a 14.5 hour flight, 2 hours of rushing through customs and to the train station, a 6 hour train ride, a 1 hour bus ride and a few minutes of walking. Now I am in the world famous Manilla Australia. Manilla is a small town of 1,000 or so residents, located in the norther New South Wales, 130 miles (200k) from the coast.

I will be in Australia for the next 56 days and I plan to enjoy ever minute of it. My primary focus for the trip is to paraglide. I will be entering in Australia's three big national paragliding competitions each of which will last one week. The format for the competitions is racing over a typically pre set course usually ranging from 30-100 miles with around 100 other competitors. I hope to learn a lot and maybe even do decently in the comps. I am on a brand new glider the UP Edge and I am super stoked to get it out and see what it can do.

Tomorrow will be my first chance to fly in Australia and I cant wait. For now I am off to bed here in the Manilla Riverside Caravan Park which seems to be a great place. I will post up pictures, stories and results as they come. Oh, I will also be posting on the status of my mustache as it is growing rapidly.

No comments:

Post a Comment